Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Book Club is Sunday, Feb 15th at 1:15pm in the GCC Library

I decided that it might be easier for some of you to view the blog from a website so we now have a website. Go to www.mambosbookclub.com at anytime (save it in your FAVORITES) to see what is going on with Book Club. Remember that if you want to leave a "comment" -- use the "Comment" button on the most recent "POST" (the one at the top). This will take a while to get you all used to this format, but I think you will find that it is an easier and always a more updated way to communicate.

Remember to bring a Sandwich or something to eat and bring a snack to share if you like. Would someone like to bring drinks (tea, coffee, etc.) or snacks? I heard rumors that someone might be bringing a crock pot of something -- nummy!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, all,
This is Karen, here.

This place signed me up as "And the Pieces Fit" which is my little sewing business, but it's really just me, Karen. I am still getting my blogspot up and running. Many pictures will come in future.

Won't be able to make book club this month, but I read both books and absolutely loved each one.

Doneine, and all, please change my email to andthepiecesfit@yahoo.com.
Thanks, Karen

Anonymous said...

Karen,

E-mail is changed on the Book Club list. Everyone please be sure to update your lists for Book Club.

Doneine

Anonymous said...

Hi Doneine:
I will have to miss the club this Sunday,,
Will check the blog for March book, date & time.

Thank you; Have a wonderful weekend;
GiGi Schulte

Anonymous said...

I’ve progressed. I show up as a follower but it still says posting is restricted to team members. So, here are my comments:

1)I plan to be there Sunday.

2)Think I’m going to bring a crockpot of soup/chili since it’ll be lunchtime.

3)I’ve finished the 2nd book. It was very enjoyable. (Not the tear jerker that the 1st book was!)

Lisa B. Bryant

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I will be unable to attend.. Lucy Kate has a gym meet on Sunday afternoon. Kay

Anonymous said...

Hi Doneine,

We are here in beautiful downtown Peoria, AZ (actually Phoenix.) I will miss being at Book Club Sunday. I know this will be a great discussion. I wanted to put out an idea for 2 months in a row.....which two months you guys can decide (if the idea sounds good to the women.) We were thinking, weren't we, that it was time to read a book of the Bible again..........and what if we read a book concerning Paul - Acts or one of his letters.........and follow it up the next month with THE LION OF GOD by
Taylor Caldwell.........which is a fictional biography of Paul. Many of the women will not have read anything by Ms. Caldwell........and she was a very popular writer of Christian fiction many years ago. She includes great historical fact...........a friend was reading an excerpt of this book to me recently, and I was very impressed. Anyway, it's something to consider.........and it won't hurt my feelings if other ideas take precedence.

Bev

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I love Bev's idea, and just checked--the book is called Great Lion of God. It's available on Amazon and I found one copy at the Cobb library, checked out currently. Alison

Anonymous said...

Test

Anonymous said...

Well, here we are ladies...right smack dab in the middle of the information highway. Come on in; the water's fine! Looking forward to the meeting Sunday. Now, I have to go get the books! I think of myself as a fast reader. We shall see.
P. S. Will bring a sandwich and...something! : )